Blog & News

Laura Rumble – Hello

Hello, Laura here again.

I’ve had a recent reshuffle of my craft room.  I’m nearly all set up again now minus my lights and camera.  I really needed to create though so instead of researching new smaller lights or setting up my huge soft boxes I grabbed a pre-cut cut file and set to play (I really can’t call this work, can I?!)

20190920 121453 1024x1024 - Laura Rumble - Hello

The cut file is the Paige Evans Flower Background 2.  You can order it in white, cream or black as a pre-cut or as a stitching template.  I don’t have the patience for stitching though!

I have a tendency to keep everything as “I might use it one day”.  When I cleared off my desk I realised just how much I had kept and not used – loads of dishes and tiny pots full of little iddy bits.  We covered them with cling film in case the pots tipped over and I vowed to use them up ASAP. 

20190920 121524 768x1024 - Laura Rumble - Hello

I grabbed a couple of cling film covered pots and started working on a design.  One pot had stripy lime leaves left over from a previous layout – I have no idea which one!  The other had die cut vellum “hello’s” from a layout from a couple of years ago!  I do know that both of them were cut on Pretty Little Studio paper/vellum.

20190920 121538 1024x1024 - Laura Rumble - Hello

I mixed up some green mist to match the paper leaves and added some large splatters to my white 12×12.  Before they had dried I added a few smaller gold splatters letting the two inks run together in places creating a third colour.  When that had dried I adhered the vellum letters with some micro glue dots.  This seems to be the best way to adhere vellum on a light background without the adhesive showing.  I saved one set of letters to add to my photo to serve as the title.

When using a white cut file on a largely white background I like to use foam pads to add dimension.  This lets the cut file cast a shadow on the background which adds another element to the layout.  Rather than going for the conventional square placement I moved the cut file over and rotated it for an interesting corner design.  I added a few layers to my photo and positioned it towards the top corner.  I took the stripy leaves and adhered some under the cut file, some over the top and some poking through the cut file. 

20190920 121603 - Laura Rumble - Hello

To finish I added some enamel dots and the vellum ‘hello’ I saved earlier.  The micro glue dots aren’t quite as invisible when used on the darker background of the photo.  I think it looks okay though and I’m not sure any of my other glues would have done a better job.

That’s all for now folks, see you next time!

Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


0

Your Cart