I feel I sometimes get stuck in a rut with my cut files. I always seem to cut them fairly large on white cardstock. This time I have tried something a little different. I’ve shrunk down the design – Bouquet of Pansies – and cut several from some purple ombre paper from a 6×6 pad from Hobbycraft. You can find the pre-cut version here.
I was so pleased with them, I couldn’t bear to scrap the negative pieces off the mat and waste them so I grabbed some transfer tape and picked them up to use on my next layout.
I faffed for ages trying to work out a design. In the end I went for a linear design adding lots of horizontal stripes with Distress Oxide inks, texture paste and a stencil from Skull and Cross Buns. I popped the die cut pansies on top in a vertical stripe.
I was using a scrap of white for my background cardstock. It wasn’t quite A4 in size so I added some of the ombre paper to the edge to make it back up to a full A4 sheet. To finish I added a couple of flair nestled on thread tangles and a sprinkling of sequins. You can see it come together in the process video here.
I cut 6 pansies but only managed to get 5 on the layout. With the last one I made this card…
A very simple process… splash some purple ink around on a white card blank; cut roughly the same shape as the flowers and leaves and adhere them slightly unaligned; stamp a greeting; add sequins!
It’s always a good feeling to get more than one project out of a cut file.
With love and colour